Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Basement build has begun


I decided to finish this basement myself. The only thing I had Nies do was frame the rooms and run water lines to the bar and bathroom. The rest is now up to me to finish. Not to complain but my lovely wife has given me a very short deadline to have this project finished. I myself want it done also so that our 2 wild kids have a place to run around.


This past weekend we headed over to the HD to purchase all the lights, boxes, wire and other misc electrical supplies that we would need for the electrical part of this project. On Sunday I got most of the boxes in and a few of the lights laid out. Last night I had all the switch boxes, receptacle boxes and lights up. Over the next few nights I will pull wire and get everything wired up. I plan on having everything up and running by Saturday.


Once lights are up and going I will insulate all the walls. Lisa plans on ordering carpet this weekend while we are at the store buying insulation. Drywall may start next week if they have an opening for us.




Main basement area.




Looking at the two bedrooms. One is going to be a craft room and the other is a guest bedroom.




This will be the bar area.










No comments:

Post a Comment